Catholic Church Extension Society records
- Catholic Church Extension Society records
- Loyola University Chicago, University Archives and Special Collections
- 168.0 Linear feet
The Catholic Church Extension Society was established October 18, 1905, to serve the home missions, areas that lacked personnel, organization, and finances. The Extension Society has helped to build churches, educate and support clergy and seminarians, and has provided financial assistance for dioceses in the western and southern states as well as Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Philippines, and other areas.
Scope and Contents note
The Catholic Church Extension Society Records include correspondence, reports, newspaper clippings, and photographs. Currently available records include Diocesan correspondence, Chapel Car logs, George Hennessey (Superintendent of Chapel Cars) correspondence, John J. D'Arcy estate records, Extension Magazine Teen Contest records, and the Catholic Church Extension photograph collection.
Processing Information note
This collection was surveyed as part of the Black Metropolis Research Consortium's Survey Initiative on 2011 March 2 by Lisa Calahan and Andrew Steadham.