Friendship House (Chicago, Ill.) photograph collection, part 1
- Friendship House (Chicago, Ill.) photograph collection, part 1
- Chicago History Museum
- 1.0 Linear feet
- Friendship House (Chicago, Ill.)
Friendship House was a Catholic interracial apostolate founded in Toronto in the early 1930s, then New York City in 1938, and established in Chicago in 1942. Friendship House Chicago closed its facilities on March 31, 2000.
Scope and Contents note
Photographs relating to people and activities of Friendship House, a Catholic organization devoted to interracial harmony and community service.
Custodial History note
Gift of Friendship House, 1969-1974
Processing Information note
This collection was surveyed as part of the Black Metropolis Research Consortium's Survey Initiative on 2010 October 8 by Andrew Steadham.